"I hear and I forget; I see and I remember; I do and I understand."
- Chinese Proverb
The Benefits of Practicing Qigong
The benefits that come with practicing the art of Qigong are many and individual. It depends on your mind and your practice. Consistent and daily practice will yield the best results. It is important to have an open mind when practicing Qigong. Suspend all doubts and expectations and just practice and experience Qigong. Everyone experiences Qigong differently. Everyone experiences the benefits that come from practicing Qigong differently. It is important to be patient because the benefits may show up at different times for different practitioners. Over time, you may experience the following benefits:
- Ability to relax your body.
- Ability to relax your mind.
- Improved mental focus.
- Detoxify your body and mind.
- Improved physical body condition.
- Feel Qi in the body.
- Get and build Qi in the body.
- Conserve Qi.
- Prevent illness and diseases.
- Use Qi to heal yourself and others.
- Open energy channels in the organs and other areas of the body.
- Improved circulation of energy and blood.
- Reduce the effects of stress in the body and mind.
- Enhance your sense of connection and belonging in the world.
- Open your mind to love and compassion.
- Open your mind to helping others through service.
- Improve your ability to imagine and visualize.
- Increased sense of calm, peace and tranquility.
- Increased knowledge of energy flow in the body.
- Enhanced mind and body connection and awareness.
- Ability to smile inwardly into your body and mind.
Keep in mind that Qigong must be combined with proper diet, proper rest, proper thinking and proper human relations. Qigong should be part of a balanced approach to life as demonstrated by Yin-Yang balance. Proper diet means fresh wholesome foods and clean quality water. Avoiding pesticides, processed foods and drink. Eating as close to nature as possible. Proper rest means getting adequate rest, which can include sleeping, meditation, sitting quietly, etc. Proper thinking means having an open mind and positive thoughts. Proper human relations means cultivating loving, kind and compassionate relationships. This also includes being able to forgive yourself and others. By combining these ways of living with Qigong, you will be able to live a full and balanced life.
You can realize the benefits of practicing Qigong in your life by taking the first step to learn Qigong. We are here to help you along your journey of Qigong. You can either attend one of our classes in person (click here for more details), or you can learn the basics of Qigong in the comfort of your own home by getting one of our home study kits. Either way, we will be here to support you via email, on the phone and online. We look forward to working with you and growing with you.